Heritage High School Baseball Philosophy
Create a positive and productive environment through…
- Work Ethic – Commitment to excellence – quality with intensity.
- Discipline – Pay attention to details.
- Responsibility – Control emotions – attitude.
- Desire – Compete (mental toughness) at all times.
Master the basics (Absolutes of defense: throw strikes and play catch)
Don’t give your opponent more than 3 outs. Accomplished by limiting walks and
mastering team defense.
Pitching – commit to the pitch and attack your zone.
- Must have success on 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 counts
Pressure the defense through base running – Team with most 90 ft victories will win.
Win every inning (no let downs)
Execute on command.
Have a plan before going to battle.
“OUR PLAN CAN ONLY BE SUCCESSFUL IF EVERY MEMBER OF THIS PROGRAM BELIEVES IN IT!”