- Q: I’m a freshman; may I apply for CSF membership?
A: Not yet. Freshman grades to not count towards CSF membership points. You may apply after your first semester sophomore grades have been posted.
- Q: I’m a sophomore; may I apply for CSF membership?
A: Yes, but only once Fall semester grades have been posted. Membership applications are due twice per year.
- Q: Do I have to re-apply for membership each semester?
A: Yes. Every time semester grades are posted, students must re-apply.
- Q: Is CSF membership retroactive?
A: Yes. You may apply for membership using previous semester grades. Freshman year grades do not count.
- Q: When are applications due? Where do I turn them in?
A: Applications are due twice per year to Ms. Ziani in Room W-114 by 3:15pm. Once in August/September and again in January/February. Details will be announced and may be found on this site.
- Q: What is the time commitment to join CSF?
A: Only the time it takes to complete the short application. Plus, the time it takes to join a Facebook page to stay current on CSF events, scholarships and awards.
- Q: I’m applying for several previous semesters. Do I have to complete an application sheet for EACH semester?
A: Yes. But one comprehensive transcript verifying all your grades is acceptable.
- Q: What are some acceptable forms of grade verification documentation?
A: Acceptable documents include: report card photocopies or unofficial transcripts.
- Q: Who is a Sealbearer / Lifetime Member?
A: A CSF member for all 5 eligible semesters of high school.
- Q: What are the advantages of being a Sealbearer / Lifetime Member?
A: A golden CSF seal will be added to the student’s diploma and special notation of lifetime CSF affiliation added to the official transcript. Also, sealbearer/lifetime members are eligible for possible selection to the lucrative and prestigious Seymour Award.
- Q: What is the Seymour Award?
A: A prestigious award for lifetime CSF seniors. 2 seniors are recommended for the application process by the CSF advisor.
- Q: I missed the informational meeting. Was attendance reQuired in order to apply for CSF?
A: No. The informational meetings are not reQuired for membership. Only a completed CSF application submitted by the deadline is necessary.
- Q: How can I join the HHS-CSF Facebook group page?
A: Just ask to become a member of our Facebook page. However, you must be an HHS CSF member, and parent/guardian of the CSF member or an HHS staff member.
- Q: I have more Questions, who is the CSF advisor and how may they be contacted?
A: Courtney Ziani, room W-114, email@example.com
- Q: Where can I find additional information about CSF?
A: On the official website via the link above.